· Charging voltage 0,5 - 60V (1 - 32 Ni-Cd, Ni-Mh; 1 - 18 Pb; 1 - 26 RAM, 1 - 12 Li-Ion, 1 14 Li-Ion FePO4 (Li-Ph); 1 - 12 Li-Pol; 1 - 12 Li-Ta
· Charging current 0,2 - 9,9A
· Charging finish identification: Delta-peak (adjustable!); Inflex; charging time; adjusted capacity; temperature sensor
· Process memory (last processes data): 8
· Program memory (user settings): 8
· Reflex function - ( „memory effect” protection for Ni-Cd & Ni-Mh)
· Handles: Ni-Cd, Ni-Mh, Pb, RAM, Li-Ion, Li-Ph, Li-Pol, Li-Manganoxid (Tadiran)
· Charge; Discharge; Discharge-Charge; Charge-Discharge (up to 250W)
· Fast Mode Li-Ion, Li-Pol, Li-Ph, Pb (to 9,9A!) COMPARISON Fastmod to standard charging: ca 32 % time saving at modern low-resistance cells!
· Pb, RAM, Li-Ion, Li-Pol, Li-Ph, Li-Manganoxid (Tadiran) – finish voltage of charging adjustable
· Data komunikation with Pulsar EQUAL (balancer)
· Step down / Step up converter makes possible full charging current for single accus
· Format with battery regeneration function
· Revers – returns discharging current to supply accu starting from 3 V
· Protects supply accu against overcharging (in Reverse mode)
· Adjustable min. voltage of supply accu 10,0 - 11,5V (protects against deep discharge)
· Discharge process up to 35W with external mains power supply without additional, external resistors
· Accurate internal resistance measurement of battery (Ri – up to 4A/35W)
· Fully protected against wrong connecting (input, output, cooling fan)
· LCD with backlight
· Acoustic allarm (disengageable)
· Internal cooling fan with smooth adjusting (very quiet)
· PC- Software (bundled with charger ) DOWNLOAD
· RS232 cable for PC (bundled with charger)
· Small (No external radiator)
Test in "Prop" (PDF)
Test in "Elektromodell" (PDF)
Test in "Aufwind" (PDF)
Pulsar 2 - Display
Pulsar 2 is a fast, professional microprocessor charger. It can charge any type accus fast and safety, without overloading (current up to 9.9A). Reflex function helps to prevent against so called memory-effect in Ni-Cd and Ni-Mh accus. Pulsar 2 makes battery packs life longer. Few methods of charging finish identification (Inflex, Delta Peak low & high, adjustable maximal value) protects against overloading. All parameters are displayed on backlit LCD display. After connecting to PC computer, you can control entire process in real time, and print or save results as well. Archive function gives you full control over accus exploatation. Charging curves control makes bad accu recognition very easy (now, you know, when to replace bad accu or use of regeneration function). Pulsar 2 is equipped with return of energy to the main (car) accu. This makes car accu usage more economic. 8 memories of processes and programs gives you possibility to save settings. End of charging and alarms are signalized by display lighting and / or by acoustic signals. External temperature sensor and socket for external cooling fan (for battery packs) are available too. Pulsar 2 have output protected against excessive voltage raise. It makes safe charging battery packs in RC transmitters (ie: Multiplex Royal Evo)
Why is Pulsar 2 a better choice?
Pulsar 2 charger was designed by modelers for modelers, whose knows, how important is reliability of models power supplies. Exceptionaly high requirements set for accu packs in our hobby like fast charging, maximal unfailing and longest possibly usage time were a main reasons of Pulsar 1 design. In period of 3 year, when Pulsar 1 was produced, it’s designer gathered responses from users. This lead to Pulsar 2 design. The most advanced method of charging control was used. Inflex function, used in very precise charging measurement prevents very accurately against overloading of Ni-Cd and Ni-MH accus. This method is possible to use only during charging with constant current and makes full automation use impossible. Full automation in chargers have quite big measurement range error due to undefined resistance of connectors and soldering. It’s a reason, why user have to set some Pulsar 2 parameters manually. Memory functions make it easier. Simply, every settings for different packs can be saved in Pulsar’s internal memory and recalled with fast changing of accu number or charging current possibility.
In the Inflex mode, Delta Peak is used as additional protection as well as temperature measurement and accu pack capacity. There are no other protections you couldn’t find in Pulsar 2.
Reflex is a method of so called memory effect protection.
Format and regeneration cares about old and new accus. There is a fast charging of Li-xx packs. It’s a new method which makes possible much faster charging. It saves time even ab. 50% (depending on accu numbers and internal resistance). You’ll find this function only in Pulsar 2.
There is another thing: charger measures parameters during breaks in charging to prevent against voltage converter noises and internal, chemical noises of accu pack. Charging current is raised slowly on the beginning of process and decreased slowly near the end of process to fully charge accu pack.
Those are just a few examples, how many great ideas were implemented in this advanced charger.
Pulsar 2 is updateable of course. This ensures that it will serve you long time.
Prices and order:
Pulsar 2 - Art.Nr.: 1121 € 239,- (incl. 19% DE VAT) discontinued line
Pulsar 2 Firmware-Upgrade from v2.05 - v2.10 to v2.15 - Art.No.: 1209 € 25,- (incl. 19% VAT)
PC- Software V2.40 - DOWNLOAD
Manual (pdf) V2.15 - DOWNLOAD
Manual (pdf) V2.10 - DOWNLOAD
Manual (pdf) V2.07 - DOWNLOAD
Manual (pdf) V2.06 - DOWNLOAD
Manual (pdf) V2.05 - DOWNLOAD
To place an order please send any enquires by E-Mail to: or by Fax: +49 4121 750676
Attention, we are looking for dealers for ELPROG PULSAR 2 / pp-rc Modellbau products in all countries!